Mar 28, 2011

quick fix chik'n tacos

Surprisingly enough, tacos aren't usually one of my staple dinners. Tonight, however, I have a bundle of corn tortillas just waiting to be devoured, so I thought I'd stay away from pasta and sandwiches, and go with some faux-chicken tacos! I must say, I don't know why I don't make these more often. Not only were they outrageously quick to make, but they were super tasty too.

Stuff you need: 1. Tortillas- corn or wheat or whatever you have 2. Filling- tonight I found salsa, veggies, and some Boca Original Chik'n Patties

Start by throwing your boca chik'n patty into the toaster oven, skillet, or for those lucky ones out there who have one, your microwave. While you're waiting for your fake-meat to get all defrosted and toasty, chop up whatever veggies and other items you'd like to put in your tacos.

Tonight I found red cabbage, tomatoes, and a little bit of salsa, but there's SO many other things that would be great too- cheese, sour cream, onions, lettuce, soyrizo, black olives? If it's in your kitchen, it will probably taste great in a taco.

When your filling is prepped and your chik'n patty is warmed, slice up that chik'n and throw everything into a couple of tortillas. My 1 patty made 2 tacos, but I could have easily stretched that into 3 :)
It was a quick dinner that totally hit the spot. I've never actually thought about making tacos with chik'n patties of any variety, but I think I may have to try it more often. Mom swears by the Field Roast Mexican Chipotle sausages for all her vegetarian taco needs, but for a quick meal after a long day of work, this was great too!

Oh! And on a side note, Robin Robertson (omg my vegan idol) is having a book giveaway over on her blog Vegan Planet. I can't highly recommend her books more. The idea of vegan food terrifies a lot of people, but all of Robin's books are incredibly user-friendly. Post a comment and win her new book! You won't regret it I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment